“The all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen offers customers guilt-free indulgence,” said Jeff Bell, Vice President – Chrysler, Chrysler Group. “Loaded with premium features, stunning Chrysler design, fuel-saving MDS technology, standard safety features and best-in-class horsepower, torque and interior room, Chrysler Aspen offers more for less.”
Compared to large SUVs, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen is more fuel-efficient and maneuverable. Compared to full-size SUVs, Chrysler Aspen features more interior passenger space and cargo room, coupled with unmatched towing and hauling capability.
With a choice of two V-8 engines, including the 5.7-liter HEMI® that features Chrysler Group’s fuel-saving Multi-displacement System (MDS), Chrysler Aspen provides best-in-class power and torque.
For added capability, two optional 4x4 systems enable Chrysler Aspen to tackle a variety of driving conditions.
The all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen offers premium features including interior LED lighting, express-up windows, a full-screen navigation radio, heated first- and second-row seats, and a rear-seat DVD entertainment system. In addition, a new one-touch lane-change feature allows the driver to quickly activate a three-blink turn signal when changing lanes.
Advanced safety and security features include Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM), ParkSense™, Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) system and side-curtain air bags for all three rows.
Premium Panache: the “300” of SUVs
With inspiration from eye-catching designs including Chrysler 300 and Crossfire, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen exudes Chrysler brand attributes of innovative engineering and elegance at a great value.
“With a unique and distinctive design, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen brings a new look to the SUV segment,” said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President – Design, Chrysler Group. “Encompassing design cues from Chrysler 300 and Crossfire — including the signature chromed grille and sculpted hood — Chrysler Aspen is an elegant, yet striking premium SUV that is unmistakably Chrysler.”
Chrysler Aspen’s chromed grille — the “face” of Chrysler — is signature Chrysler 300, inspired by the memorable V-10 powered Chrysler Chronos concept car that debuted at the North American International Auto Show in 1998. Chrysler wings flow seamlessly into the grille header and contain the gold seal of the brand, providing a proud and instantly recognizable design cue.
Detailed, jewel-like headlamps complement Chrysler Aspen’s grille and flow into the fenders, achieving a profile view of each turn signal. Combined in the headlamp assembly is a projector low-beam lamp contained in a unique circular lamp bezel and an inboard high-beam lamp contained in a smaller square bezel. Completing Chrysler Aspen’s distinguished front view is a unique, sculpted hood inspired by the Chrysler Crossfire, as well as chromed fascia accents and fog lamps.
Chrysler Aspen’s front and rear fenders, rear doors and rear-quarter panels feature clean, precise angles, creating a seamless profile. Individual chromed “CHRYSLER” lettering adorns the body side on each of the front doors. Chromed accents on body-side moldings, door handles, side mirrors, belt molding and roof rack, as well as available 20-inch chromed wheels, add premium panache.
Chrysler Aspen’s rear view is clean, functional and features unique jeweled taillamps. A chromed accent bar featuring the Chrysler gold seal is placed above the rear license plate and discreetly contains a latch that opens the rear liftgate.
With three rows of seats, Chrysler Aspen’s interior is spacious and sophisticated.
“The interior of the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen offers first-class travel,” said Creed. “A warm and inviting, yet purposeful interior environment features soft touch surfaces finished with fine materials, as well as precise gauges and controls — details that exemplify the Chrysler brand’s image of beauty and elegance.”
Chrysler Aspen’s instrument panel cluster features a large, centrally located speedometer and white-faced gauges outlined in chromed trim, providing easy-to-read displays for fuel, oil, volt/battery, odometer and speedometer readings. The center stack features Chrysler brand’s signature analog clock and an available full-screen navigation radio and temperature controls for front and rear occupants.
Available steering wheel-mounted controls keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road while adjusting audio settings. An overhead console conveniently provides switch controls for the optional sun roof, power liftgate and universal garage door opener. In addition, an Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) is available with the overhead console and provides customer-programmable features, such as audio and security settings, as well as trip computer, compass and outside temperature data.
Designed for ease of use and added utility, Chrysler Aspen’s center console features a large covered storage bin and integrated cup holders. A 115-volt power inverter conveniently powers lap-top computers, cell phones and electric coolers.
Two interior color schemes are offered: two-tone Slate Gray or Dark Khaki with Light Greystone. Light wood-grain trim is featured throughout the cabin — on the center stack, steering wheel and door armrests — complemented by chromed door handles and trim.
Chrysler Aspen’s highly styled, supportive seats are offered in two-tone leather or leather with suede, as well as cloth. Cloth seats feature YES Essentials® — an easy-care, soil-repellant and anti-microbial textile that protects seats from stains, odors and discoloration.
Unmatched Capability and Performance
The all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen provides best-in-class horsepower and torque with the towing and hauling capability of a large SUV and the fuel efficiency of smaller full-size SUVs.
“With the most powerful engine in its class — the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 — the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen delivers unrivaled capability and performance with fuel-saving MDS technology,” said Mike Donoughe, Vice President – Body-on-frame Product Team, Chrysler Group. “Impressive off-the-line acceleration combined with enough torque to tow 8,950 lbs., Chrysler Aspen is a premium SUV where beauty is backed with brawn.”
The optional 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine — featuring Chrysler Group’s fuel-saving Multi-displacement System (MDS) — delivers best-in-class 335 horsepower and 370 lb.-ft. of torque. Without compromising performance, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen’s HEMI V-8 engine seamlessly alternates between four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand.
Chrysler Aspen’s standard powertrain is the 235-horsepower 4.7-liter Magnum V-8 engine with 300 lb.-ft. of torque, providing smooth and responsive performance. Both the 4.7-liter and 5.7-liter V-8 engines are mated to a five-speed automatic transmission.
When towing, Chrysler Aspen’s “Tow/Haul” transmission provides crisp shifts and reduces gear searching by holding the lower gear longer. The system will also select a lower gear under downhill conditions in order to utilize the engine’s braking capability.
Spacious and Versatile
With multiple seating and cargo configurations, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen achieves significant occupant flexibility. Second- and third-row seats feature ample leg, shoulder and hip room and conveniently fold flat.
Chrysler Aspen is available with a second-row 40/20/40 split bench seat or second-row heated bucket seats, each providing 11-degree reclining seat backs. Second-row bucket seats include a center console with dual cup holders, covered storage area and adjustable air outlets.
A flip-down, roof-mounted DVD screen is available for rear-seat occupants and a theater-style surround-sound audio system comes complete with eight Infinity® speakers. An available power rear liftgate opens with the touch of a button to provide easy loading and unloading of gear. In addition, rear doors open 84 degrees to provide passengers with easy entry and exit.
With best-in-class cargo capacity, offering 68.4 cu. ft. of cargo room with the third-row seats folded — the most common configuration of three-row seat SUVs — Chrysler Aspen easily surpasses other full-size SUVs.
Smooth and Agile
Chrysler Aspen features a smooth and quiet ride, with precise handling — benefits of a torsionally stiff, hydroformed frame and independent front suspension with rack-and-pinion steering. Suspension and steering are finely tuned to deliver superior ride and steering feel, courtesy of consistent frame dynamics.
“The all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen provides exceptional handling that sets a new standard for SUVs,” said Donoughe. “From twisting, winding roads to narrow city streets to dirt or snow-covered trails, Chrysler Aspen provides sure-footed grip and responsiveness. And with a 39.9-ft. turn circle, Chrysler Aspen is easily maneuverable in tight situations.”
Adding to Chrysler Aspen’s confident and highly capable driving experience is a unique rear suspension with coil springs and a solid rear axle that delivers durability, substantial payload and best-in-class towing capability. A Watt linkage system is fitted to the rear axle, centering the axle and reducing rear-end skate over rough surfaces. The rear suspension supports a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 6,700 lbs. and towing capacity of 8,950 lbs.
The all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen offers two all-wheel-drive electronic-shift transfer cases. A single-speed transfer case is standard with 4x4 models that feature the 4.7-liter V-8 engine. The single-speed transfer case provides all-wheel drive (AWD) and four-wheel-drive “high” operating modes.
A two-speed transfer case is standard with 4x4 models that feature the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine. Chrysler Aspen’s two-speed transfer case features an all-wheel-drive (AWD) mode and four-wheel-drive “high” and “low” modes. Both transfer cases feature a 48/52 torque split between front and rear axles when AWD mode is selected.
Advanced Safety and Security Features
With a robust frame and a bumper height compatible with passenger cars, Chrysler Aspen exceeds government and industry safety requirements.
Chrysler Aspen provides innovative tapered octagonal front frame rail tips and advanced multi-stage air bag protection. The vehicle is also equipped with standard side-curtain air bags that cover all three rows of seating, including a roll-sensing feature that uses sensors to keep side-curtain air bags deployed longer in rollovers.
Following are available safety and security features in the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen:
- Advanced Multi-stage Air Bag System: Low-risk deployment air bag utilizes unique shape, venting, folding patterns and advanced inflators to position and inflate the restraint properly for a belted passenger
- Anti-lock-braking System: Electronic sensors help prevent wheel lockup. The ABS system offers improved steering control under extreme braking and/or slippery conditions
- Brake Assist: The vehicle senses a panic brake condition and applies maximum braking power, providing the shortest possible stopping distance
- Child Seat Anchor System: Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH) make it easier to install compatible aftermarket child seats in second-row seats
- Constant Force Retractors (CFR): A mechanical device in front seat belts is designed to mitigate force based on the load or force exerted on it. CFRs are engineered to force-limit the belt system and gradually release seat belt webbing in a controlled manner during a severe impact
- Energy-absorbing Steering Column: Manual-adjust telescoping steering column includes two hydroformed coaxial tubes that move relative to each other, which allows the column to move forward and provide more energy absorption during an impact
- Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM): A system that observes and monitors the vehicle roll attitude and lateral force to estimate the potential for a rollover situation. If necessary, the engine torque is reduced and a short burst of full braking is applied to the appropriate wheel to help stabilize the vehicle attitude and reduce the vehicle’s lateral force
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP): ESP aids the driver in maintaining vehicle directional stability, providing oversteer and understeer control to maintain vehicle behavior on various road surfaces. This feature has three settings, allowing the driver more control over the vehicle during spirited driving
- ParkSense™ Rear Back-up Detection System: Assists when driving at low speeds in reverse to detect stationary objects. This system consists of visible (lights when the driver looks at the inside rearview mirror) and audible warnings
- Pretensioners: During a collision, impact sensors initiate front seat belt pretensioners to immediately remove slack from seat belts, which reduces the forward movement of an occupant’s head and torso
- Side-curtain Air Bags: Standard side-curtain air bags extend protection to all three rows of seats
- Side-impact Door Beams: Door beams are made of high-strength steel mounted in the vehicle’s doors to help prevent intrusion into the passenger compartment
- Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) System: This advanced system monitors tire pressure and alerts the driver to improper tire pressure conditions. Low pressure on any tire prompts an amber warning indicator in the instrument cluster